Saturday, October 3, 2009

Exhibiting at a Virtual Writer's Expo

Although my book , Cloudy Rainbow, was published late last fall, I missed the spring writer's exibition in Second Life. I visited it, though, and was impressed by what I saw -- the number of authors who participated and the many opportunities for promotion. I vowed I would get involved when another event was planned. So when I heard that the Autumn Writer's Exhibition (AWE) was open, I applied for an exhibit space and was given a free tent to put up my work. I already had a poster of the cover of my book with links to my website, http://debbiedelouise.com/ and a few note cards that I had used when I'd done some virtual book talks for book groups in Second Life, so I used that as the focal point of the exhibit. Then, since rainbows is a big part of my book and one of the words in its title, I added a rainbow above a comfortable book seat where visitors could sit while visiting the tent.

While this is my first time exhibiting at a virtual writer's expo, I am hopeful that it won't be the last. I don't expect to sell a lot of books through this promotion, but you never know. It also helps to network with other writers, attend the numerous events that are also offered, and just have fun. Where else can you have this type of opportunity for free?

For more information on the Autumn Writer's Exposition, see http://www.writtenword.org.uk/

No comments: