Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring in SL

I know it snowed here the other day, although it cleared up pretty quickly, but spring is still on its way despite the cold temps.  In Second Life, you can have spring, summer, or any season you want all year round.  But if you prefer to follow the calendar, you can start working on your house and garden to make it ready.


Dulcie on her new patio
Dulcie by her new fountain

 As March came around, I began to think it would be nice to add some outdoor stuff to my SL house.  I "planted" some flowers and added a patio.  I found a nice bistro table and chairs set that coordinated nicely with the wrought iron fence around my house and then bought a fountain from the same shop where I'd found the furniture, B&D Designs.  The price and prims were reasonable, and the arrangement comfortable for spending more time outdoors. 

Another spring project at my house includes breeding my two Amaretto horses, a feat I'm not sure how is accomplished but which should yield some interesting results.  My female horse, Star, actually just became pregnant to my surprise by our male horse, Steam.  I was playing around with the breeding menu, and I guess I did something right.  The little foal is expected on Tuesday.

I'm also planning some Easter parties at home as well as at my pet memorial center.  What is spring without an Easter egg hunt, spring outfit, and bunny hop dances?  In SL, all of these are in abundance. I look forward to the warmer weather in rl but, for now, I am enjoying spring in SL.

No comments: