Thursday, February 24, 2011

My SL Horses!


Dulcie with Star, a white female Palomino Amaretto
I don't ride horses in real life, but I thought it would be fun to buy some horses in Second Life.  I had no idea the marketplace for them is so big.  Not only can you buy a horses to ride, you can buy ones that breed, too!  It seems horses is a big SL business.  They are sold, auctioned, and housed.  The most popular are the Amarettos



I began to shop for just the right horse, but I didn't realize how much was involved.  These horses have stats, information about parentage, eye color, need to be fed, kept happy by riding, and age.  A horse has to be at least 7 days to breed but no older than 120 days.  Afater 120 days, the horse will no longer breed, but you can keep it as a pet. Along with a male and female horse, unless you buy a bundle which looks like a hay bale but turns into a horse in 3 days after it is "born," you also need to buy food and  a barn or stable to keep the horse. Optional purchases include snacks, a salt lick to make it happy, aphrodesiacs if your horses aren't mating as quickly as you'd like, saddles and bridles, etc.  It can be quite costly to keep them.  Male horses are a bit more expensive to buy because there are fewer of them born. 

Now if you really want to get into horsing, there are sims you can ride them, groups you can join, and lots of cowgirl outfits and other western clothing for you to wear.  I took a few shots of myself with one of my horses wearing some of my new cowgirl outfits.  Yeere Hah!

No comments: