Friday, February 11, 2011

My SL Valentine

I have to admit that I have never been to a SL Valentine's party in the nearly four years I've been a resident.  But this year, some friends and I are having one up on the top level of our new clubhouse/treehouse.  I found some decorations on the Marketplace and in my inventory and helped set up the deck that overlooks our beautiful winter scenery.  The view is nothing short of breathtaking.  I got lucky finding a heart dance floor that also included a set of twinkling red heart lights that I strung all around. 

All that was left before the party was for me to decide what to wear.  Not an easy task in rl or SL!  We had decided that the dress code for the party would be formal, so I went about checking all my red, pink, and purple gowns to see what was suitable.  I also looked in my favorite stores to see what they were offering.  Since SL clothing tends to be a bit revealing, which is often an understatement, I wanted something that was attractive but classy. I narrowed it down to 3 dresses and had to try them on with accessories. My choices were between a pink and purple gown with wide bustle skirt and surprise bustline from Lushish Catz,
a slimline dark gown with high leg slit and ruby heart accents along the shoulder from Dressed by Lexi,

and a simple yet captivating gown from Yess that came with 3 skirt options.



I considered a new hairstyle, but I couldn't find anything I liked better than my current style.  Of course, I had to have a manicure and find the right makeup to go with everything.  It seems that even in SL, women have a harder time getting ready for these things.

So when I finally chose the perfect outfit, and it turned out not to even be one of the above -- lol, I was prepared for the party.  I also ended up changing my hair to show off my jewelry.  I had to say my avatar looked gorgeous, sexy but not slutty, which is what I was striving for.  I am a librarian, after all.

No comments: